- A Criminal Will Target A Victim They Know Is Not Armed Before Targeting A Person They Know Is Armed!
- The 2nd Amendment States "The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed"
- Switzerland-Need I Say More-Everyone Is Armed-Lowest Crime Rate In The World!
- When Seconds Count-Police Take Minutes-Warren Vs D.C. states that the police have a duty to the public at large, NOT Individual Community Members!
- The More Helpless You Are, The Safer You Are!
- A Suburb Of Atlanta (Kennesaw) passed a law that required a home to possess at least one gun! The Burglary Rate Dropped 89%. 10 Years later the Burglary rate was still 72% Lower than before the law was passed! Hmmmm.... go figure...
- A Woman Named Bonnie Was Concerned About Threats Made by Her Ex Husband Towards her And Her Children! There Was A 48 Hour Waiting Period For The Gun! Her And Her Children Were Killed Less Than 24 Hours After Attempting To Purchase The Gun! (Its Never Too Late To Be Armed)
- Do you Plan On Getting In A Car Accident. NO...BUT I Bet You Carry Insurance....Do You Plan On Becoming The Victim Of Violent Crime....NO....BUT....Wheres Your Insurance.
- If Guns Cause Violence-Do Matches Cause Arson
- An armed man is a citizen, An unarmed man is a subject
- A gun in hand is better than a cop on the phone
- Gun Control Means Hitting Your Target
- If Guns Are Outlawed Can We Use Swords
- If Guns Cause Crime, Then Women Cause Prostitution
- Free Men Do Not Ask permission To Bear Arms
- 2nd Amendment, Americas Original Homeland Security
- Those Who Trade Liberty For Security, Have Neither
- The West Was Not Won With A Registered Gun
- What Part Of "Shall Not Be Infringed" Do You Not Understand
- The Second Amendment Was Put In Place In case the Others Are Ignored
- Guns Have Two Enemies, Rust and Politicians
- Know Guns, Know Peace & Safety, No Guns, No Peace Or Safety
- You Don't Shoot To Kill, You Shoot To Stay Alive
- 911=Government Sponsored "Dial A Prayer"
- Assault is A Behavior, NOT a Device
- Criminals Love Gun Control, It Makes Their Job Safer
- If Guns Cause Crime, then Matches Cause Arson
- Only A Government That's Afraid Of Its Citizens Tries To Control Them
- Because You Can!
Who can understand the Mass Gun Laws? The one that really irks the hell outa me is is the fact that the Issuing Authority can place restrictions on a Class A License. Many towns will place Target/Hunting, or Sporting as a restriction on the license. What does this mean? Who knows. There is nothing in the laws that states what those restrictions mean. does sporting mean you can only carry when you go to a Red Sox game? Many of the ranges are 24/365 ranges so you could essentially be on your way to or from a range at any time of the day or night. The law states that a Class A is the permit that allows concealed carry. does target mean there is no concealed carry allowed? Why is No Concealed Carry placed on as a restriction on the permit. It seems the Mass Laws are not addressing serious issues and leaving the individual issuing authorities the power to trample on its citizens. This is why we need Mass Gun Law Reform. Please contact your state rep and advise they vote for this Bill.
Heres the deal.. I know the Constitution outlines how the Congress is elected.....Since only the rich stand a chance of getting elected there is not really a fair representation of the general population that is deciding the fate of our Country. There is so much opportunity to make money and policies that will effect individual wallets we can only conceive that individual best interests and personal gain are the motivations for Government officials to stay in government. Term limits would help prevent some of the greed.
Do you ever hear of a person trying to run for jury duty. Individual citizens are chosen at random and told to appear at court to hear a case....they do....they go home.... suppose in theory we chose our congress at random for a 2 or 4 year term (House or Senate) and then go home.... Use your imagination!!!
Check out the bill proposed by senator Scott Brown (R-Mass) He proposed to have a receipt for your portion of taxes paid issued to all taxpayers. Is this a good idea??? I say it looks good on its face and may get people fired up. You can let scott know if you approve of his bill. The reality of it appears to be a publicity builder for Senator Brown. Im not knocking him for his attempt to show some transparency, the taxpayers should know where their money goes, but to provide an itemized receipt.....Come on get real.
Comical and True
“Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.” - L. Neil Smith
“Gun control? It’s the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. I’m a bad guy; I’m always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I’ll pull the trigger. We’ll see who wins.” - Sammy “The Bull” Gravano, whose testimony convicted John Gotti
“Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It’s quicker to pull your Smith and Wesson than to dial 911 if you’re being robbed.” - Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, President Black Police Caucus, Special Assistant to Washington, D.C. Police Chief
“I am convinced that we can do to guns what we’ve done to drugs: create a multi-billion dollar underground market over which we have absolutely no control.” - George L. Roman
“They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?” - Paul Harvey, 1994
“This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” - Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
“Gun registration is a gateway drug.” - Mark Gilmore
“Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority. Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew’s possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation. Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions will be punished with imprisonment and a fine.” - Nazi Law (Regulations Against Jews’ Possession of Weapons), 1938
“Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.” - Mahatma Gandhi, in Gandhi, An Autobiography, p. 446
“He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” - Luke 22:36 (King James Version)
“Suppose the Second amendment said “A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed.” Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read?” - Robert Levy, Georgetown University Professor
“[We] should not blame a gun itself for any crime or any acts of violence, any more than we can blame a pen for misspelling a word.” - Senator Wallace F. Bennett (R-UT), Congressional Record, 5/16/68
“It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine (1737-1809), American Revolutionary, US Founding Father and Author
“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President
Famous Gun Quotes
Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.
-- Mahatma Gandhi, Gandhi, An Autobiography, page 446
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1764
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't.
-- Ben Franklin
False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature ... laws not preventive but fearful of crimes.
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
-- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.
-- The Dalai Lama
Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. ...A simple weapon -- so long as there is no answer to it -- gives claws to the weak.
-- George Orwell
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.
-- Thomas Jefferson
If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws.
-- Edward Abbey
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
-- George Washington
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.
-- George Mason
War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
-- John Stuart Mill