Mass Firearms Laws
Massachusetts Firearm Laws
This section is provided as a guide to some of the many firearm laws in Mass. While we will make every effort to provide accurate and current information we will assume no liability for omitted inaccurate or outdated information. This is not meant to be legal advice. Some of the laws will be paraphrased as the originals are lengthy and wordy.
This Section contains links to the mass firearms laws pages found on this site.
- Federal Firearms Owners Protection Act (FOPA)
- Types Of Mass Permits
- Transporting a Firearm In A Vehicle
- Reasons You May Be Denied A Mass Firearms Permit
- Laws Pertaining To Storage Of Your Firearm
- Issuing Authority Responsibility (or lack there of in some towns)
- Responsibility Of Firearm Permit Holder When Address Changes
- Mass Castle Doctrine
"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948